Hoops 4 Hope’s Zimbabwe chapter held their annual “Best of the Best” Basketball Tournament on Friday, November 27th at Queen Elizabeth School and Girls High School of Harare. It was a tremendous event with hundreds of local participants. Here are some quick stats:
- 26 Schools with a total of 320 children participated
- 12 School heads and 8 City Council Social Workers were in attendance
- 2 venues with 4 courts combined
- Shinning Silverware and loads of sneakers, soccer jerseys, basketball vests, and uniforms were given out
- Everyone walked away with something to take home
- 32 teachers, 24 Hoops 4 Hope All Stars, more than 40 other volunteers made the day possible
- Media coverage throughout the week from both print and electronic media
- Great shots of the game appeared on their only television channel, as well as two mornings following
- A sizeable crowd of parents, fans and senior H4H youths were present, some of whom had experienced similar tournaments before
- More than 6 stake holders from the City Authorities, to the Basketball Union, to the Provincial Body, to the Sport and Recreation Commission, to Zimbabwe Revenue Authorities, the Ministry of Education Sport and Culture, and numerous schools graced the event.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE HIGHLIGHTS AND RECAP IN THIS MONTH’S NEWSLETTER! WELL DONE, TEAM ZIM. YOU ARE THE BEST!