Management Team & Directors
H4H Founder and Executive Director
In 1984 at age 15, Mark traveled to Zimbabwe as a Rotary Exchange student that forever changed the path of his life. In addition to being captain of his high school basketball and soccer teams, he received a BA in Sociology from the University of Vermont and went to the School for International Training in Melbourne, Australia. Mark is currently the Director of East Hampton Sports Camp at Sportime in New York.
Mark founded Hoops 4 Hope in 1995 to provide sports, fun, education and opportunity for all young people. He has two daughters Zola and Inez.
Kita ‘Thierry’ Matungulu
Founding Board of Director in South Africa
Kita is a founding member of the H4H Global team and a true student of the game of basketball, and dedicated to the improvement of youth development.
- Kita is currently head of Basketball Operations at NBA Africa.
- Key seller of the “Ubuntu” team concept that delivered the Boston Celtics 17th championship.
- Guest UBUNTU coach of the Boston Celtics and LA Clippers.
- Served as South African men’s basketball national team head coach to 3 FISU World Students Games (Beijing, Izmir, and Thailand)
- Played Professional basketball in South East Asia and South Africa
- Worked for 7 years as a TV contributor and presenter on South African Basketball program “In the Zone” and “Slam Dunk”
Ngoni Partson Mukukula
Director Hoops 4 Hope Zimbabwe
Age: 40 years, married to Fiona with two children – Watida (11) and Noku (7)
- Zimbabwe Women’s National Team Coach
- Member of Zimbabwe Olympic Committee Technical Commission
- Founder and Coach of the Raiders Basketball Club
Hoops has afforded us, the Zimbabwean Team, a chance to positively touch lives in our communities. Together we have taught our children to live life with a lot of purpose and a lot of hope.