Hoops 4 Hope (H4H) and its sister site Soccer 4 Hope (S4H) is committed to providing children and young adults in challenged environments with a safe, nurturing place where they can develop more than just skills for the playing field: they can develop Skills 4 Life and grow up to be healthy, influential, contributing members of their communities. The H4H Skills for Life program focuses on dealing with gender issues, violence, HIV, and building leadership.
H4H Is an Ongoing, Life-Changing Experience
Developing life-shaping habits does not emerge from a one-time classroom experience. That’s why our educational and athletic programs are designed to be cyclical and persistent. Most children who get involved stay involved, and even grow up to give back to their own communities by becoming trained coaches themselves.
H4H Provides Long-Lasting Community Benefits
Hoops 4 Hope provides the skills and support young people need to play team sports and face the many challenges of growing up in communities plagued with poverty, crime, and the HIV epidemic. Our dedicated team of MVP volunteers and All Star staff are on the ground and help achieve long-lasting community benefits, such as:
- Organizing teams and tournaments
- Training coaches to deliver Skills 4 Life
- Organizing events and tournaments
- Building and maintaining courts and safe places
- Successfully partnering with other social development organizations
- Distributing athletic equipment we collect from around the United States and Canada
- Facilitating exchanges and collaborations
- Creating job opportunities and increasing employability of young people through community service
As a not-for-profit organization, H4H and S4H partner with local schools, shelters, and community organizations in Zimbabwe and South Africa to offer youth development services proven to improve children’s lives in a holistic and safe environment. This has a ripple effect of positive change that helps influence friends, families and communities.